VISION AND MISSION
PEKKA envisions to empower women household heads to enable them to contribute towards building a prosperous, gender-justice and dignified society.
PEKKA mandates are as follows:
- To develop resources for empowering women household heads and the wider community through an inclusive, massive, structured and effective movement.
- To build and strengthen a social movement jointly with women household heads at the grassroots level in an accountable manner, grounded in the experiences of organizing women household heads as lessons learnt for other social movements.
- To raise the standard of living and well-being of women-headed households
- To open up access to various sources of livelihood for women-headed households
- To build the critical awareness of women household heads on equality in respect to their role, position and status, and their social and political life
- To promote the participation of women household heads in various processes relating to their social, economic, political and cultural life
To strengthen the control of women household heads over decision-making processes from the household to state level